Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gauge Knits, another great yarn shop in NW Austin

I've heard about a new yarn shop, Gauge Knits opening up in Austin a while back. I even looked it up but have not had a chance to check it out until today. It was well worth taking the time.

It's a serene, open and very friendly store. The first thing you see when you walk in is a comfortable sitting area. I didn't look at it close enough to get the details. My eyes immediately fixed on the neatly organized yarns along the walls. I was so happy that they carry so many natural yarns, especially cotton. I've been looking for cotton yarn for summer crochet and haven't had much luck, until now.

I had my arms full of yarns, much more than I can afford of course. I decided on a medium weight cool cotton in gray to make a summer scarf for my son, Jaimie, a beautiful lace weight red yarn for a light summer scarf, a white light gauzy tape yarn for a light drop stitch scarf and a variegated yarn in shades blue seafoam to make another wave scarf for my etsy shop. The other ones that I had to put back will just have to wait until next time. Hopefully that will be soon.

If you're in Austin and have not visited Gauge Knits, check them out. They're just a couple of blocks off of 2222 and MOPAC.

Gauge Knits
5406 Parkcrest Dr
Austin, TX 78731
(512) 371-9300
www.gaugeknit.com

No comments: